Monday, April 25, 2011

Shop Update and More, 4/25/11.

Not sure if I mentioned it on here or not, but Foam Castles played a show this past Saturday in celebration of Metal Feathers (my favorite local band) releasing their new INCREDIBLE record, Contrast Eats the Slimey Green. You can download/listen to this record FOR FREE here! (What are you waiting for?) Anyway, here's a video from the show. (I normally play the bass, but just so happen to be playing the keyboard/jingle bells on these songs.)


It's hard to see my outfit, but I took some fashion inspiration from the lovely and hilarious Kate Sullivan Jones and wore a slip as a skirt. The blouse I'm wearing is pale pink, silk, and made by Avon in the 80s. It has shoulder pads, and we are in love. My shoes awesome, and are cut-out wedges from Forever 21.

And speaking of AWESOME, I just listed four new items in my shop tonight that I want to keep for myself. Unfortunately, the love of my life, my 1985 Volkswagen Jetta is making a scary rattling noise, and I need to take her to the mechanic... This is going to be my new catch phrase:

My Lack of Money = Your Vintage Score

NEW ITEMS:
90s floral grunge maxi dress
snakeskin patterned designer bathing suit
1970s strappy sandals
high-waisted equestrian jeans (the top I'm wearing in this photo is the one I wore at the Foam Castles show!)

You can buy any of those items shown above HERE.

*

And here's my car, her name is Peacock.

OH YEAH! And one more thing, how could I forget?! The wonderful Jessica over at Lola Vintage interviewed me, and posted our chat on her blog. Check it out HERE!

xo, mandy

2 comments:

  1. Lovely entry :)

    <3

    I so want a copy of your cd :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl! you can listen to our stuff at:

    foamcastles.bandcamp.com

    xo!

    ReplyDelete