Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Trip to Beans/A Daily Outfit

You've probably heard of L.L. Bean, it's a Maine staple. They sell clothes, hunting/fishing stuff and lots of other shit to people all over the world. And not only do they offer free shipping, but you can return anything (for any reason) for store credit, no matter what decade you bought it in - even if you don't have the receipt! It's wicked awesome, and I've always loved going to their main store located in Freeport, Maine. (It's open 24 hours which is ESPECIALLY awesome if you're an under-aged Mainer looking for something to do late at night!)

The zipper broke on my boyfriend's official L.L. Bean backpack, so we took a little roadtrip up theyah (yes-huh, bub!) to exchange it for a new one. 

Since they're famous for their boots, they decided to build a HUGE one right outside their main entrance.

The shiny, boring section - they do have some cute clothes, just not in this section.

Rushing over to the ridiculous huge aquarium - the fish are AWESOME!

They have this little bubble you can sit in, and it feels like you're in the aquarium with the fish!

It looks funny from the outside of the aquarium!

Tyler!

This is what it looks like from inside the bubble, no kidding!

Over in the camping section, I fell in love with this oversized tent. Camping, luxury style.

In the women's clothing section, I found the perfect floppy summer hat, but I had a hard time choosing between colors.

I think I liked the dark one better, but probably just 'cause it matched the outfit I had on.

What a funny expression on the bear, huh? Luckily there's not TOO much taxidermy there. Scary!

They have a pond IN the store! Wicked!

My favorite part, probably. All the magazine covers they've had throughout the years. Most of them are INCREDIBLE.


 OUTFIT DETAILS:
BLACK & WHITE SPECKLED CARDIGAN: My grandmother's (vintage, 1970s)
ARMY GREEN SLEEVELESS SILKY BLOUSE: Thrifted (vintage, 1980s)
BLACK SKINNY JEANS: Forever 21
BRASS DANGLY NECKLACE: Handmade by my friend Althea
CHESNUT BROWN PURSE: My grandmother's (vintage, 1970s)
BROWN STRAPPY PLATFORM WEDGES: Forever 21

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Especially your bubble pictures, I have some of my mom and niece in the same one. LL Bean rocks, so do those floppy hats. Do they still have the Signature section in the main store?? Man, I need to get up there.

    ReplyDelete