Tuesday, September 22, 2009

LEATHER.

Gotta give props to Wilsons Leather here, this jacket is perrrrrfect for fall! And it's for sale in my etsy shop!

And seriously, this jacket couldn't come at a better time in my life because I am all about the leather!

Example #1. I just bought an air freshener for my car that's leather scented. (Bad ass, right?)

Example #2. I can't stop singing "Zero" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. "So get your leather, leather, leather on. You're a zerooooo, what's your name? No one's gonna ask, you better find out where they want you to goooooo!" Man, seriously, this song is on repeat in my head, all day, every day. At work, in the car, in the shower, in my dreams. And I'm not sick of it yet. I am going through a very serious Karen O phase.

I must say that I do not support the leather industry (I've been a vegetarian for 10 years, and won't buy any new leather - I have to say that just in case my idol, Chrissie Hynde, ever stumbles upon this blog), but if it's a vintage piece, I'm cool with it. Or if Karen O wears it (even if it's new), I'm cool with it.

YES. Let's evaluate the coolness levels on both ends of the spectrum.
Wearing leather = HOT.
Protesting leather = HOT.


Exhibit A.

KAREN O.







Exhibit B.

Chrissie Hynde







No comments:

Post a Comment