Saturday, August 15, 2009

Holy cow!

I honestly had no idea how hard it was to start an online vintage clothing shop! I think I have a pretty good eye, so finding the vintage isn't the hard part for me- it's the modeling, picture-taking, measuring, editing, and posting on all social networking sites that's so hard! Hard, and TIME CONSUMING! In a matter of a week, I've started this, an etsy, a facebook fan page, a myspace, and a twitter account! And I can't keep track of them all! Please don't take these past sentences as complaining, because, in all actuality, I am the happiest I've ever been now that I have this new project - my baby - GRANDMA JUNE! Grandma June was, of course, my grandmother. I'm sure many other women can relate to me when I say that my grandmother was my idol... in so so so so so many ways. I honestly believe she completely shaped my fashion sense, and my attention to style. I've already contacted family members about getting some old photos of her to share (I have none because she HATED having her picture taken, especially later in life.), but please trust that I mean what I say when I say my grandmother was SMOKIN' HOT! So confident, so stylish- she was a hairdresser her whole life, and, luckily for me, a packrat! This means I have now inheirited almost her entire wardrobe from the 50's on. I haven't posted any ACTUAL Grandma June clothing on etsy yet (I'm still having sentimental problems with that), but I know it's something I need to get over because I just have too many clothes! And my momma (Grandma June's daughter) gives me the go ahead so it's comin'... I'll make sure to post if an item is a Grandma June original.

But until then, check out some of the current items I have for sale on etsy!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7836194

No comments:

Post a Comment